April Economides, a seasoned green urbanist with an M.B.A. in Sustainable Management, founded Green Octopus Consulting in 2003. There are few things that bring her more joy than helping create healthier organizations, businesses and communities. In her role as a strategist, connector, and communicator, April is engaged at many levels of her local community. Some of her pro bono work includes:
- M.B.A., Sustainable Management, Presidio Graduate School (2009): Led and participated in a number of team projects, including creating the business plan for REV (a California sustainability training company), the City of Berkeley’s Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) program, the marketing plan for the mayor of Berkeley’s potential carbon tax initiative, and green collar jobs. Pitched idea of having Van Jones speak at our school and helped recruit him. Wrote a macroeconomics paper on vertical gardens and green walls. Interned in the City of Berkeley Sustainability Department where I helped create metrics; and interned for Natural Capital Solutions where I researched energy and economics issues. T.A. for Hunter Lovins, Gil Friend, and Marsha Willard.
- Certificate, Innovation in Ecological Design and Construction, City of Portland (2002)
- Sustainability Now! Workshop Series, Ecotrust (2002)
- Non-Profit Management Seminars on management, grant writing, and board member training (1998-1999)
- B.A., History, University of California, Santa Cruz (1997): Focuses in Ethnic Studies, Urban Studies, and Environmental Studies. History Highest Honors, College Honors, Community Service Award.
Connect on LinkedIn